Better Together Youth Mentorship
The Better Together Youth Mentorship Program provides one-on-one mentorship services to corrections involved youth. Rebound, Inc. is dedicated to recruiting a diverse array of mentors, so that youth can be matched based both on culture and shared interests. We builds on initial matches with high quality initial, and ongoing, training and support for mentors to ensure they are equipped to create and maintain authentic relationships with youth which are informed by appropriate boundaries, realistic behavioral expectations, and needed skills. The program will launch in Spring 2018 and is anticipated to serve up to 25 youth per year.
With the support of our dedicated Mentorship Program Coordinator, the “Better Together Youth Mentorship” program provides youth & mentors.
- 1 Year of formal mentoring
- Weekly contact between mentors & youth
- Quarterly group outings
- Ongoing training & support for mentors
Youth eligible for the mentoring services outlined in this service description must meet the following criteria:
- Under supervision of Hennepin County juvenile probation.
- Reside in Hennepin County
- Ages 12-19
- Have a minimum of 9 months of court ordered supervision remaining at the time of match
The following youth will be considered on a case by case basis:
- Up to age 21
- Youth with a criminal history of sex offending
- Youth who exhibit physically aggressive behavior toward adults
All interested youth must be referred by their Hennepin County Probation Officer. Those interested in serving as mentors should contact: Will Tabor at email@example.com