BIPOC Young Professionals Leadership Cohort
A supportive space for the growth & development of young, community service, professionals of Color. Professionals from all disciplines are welcome to apply (i.e. mental & behavioral health, healthcare, education, youth development, faith, government, activism, and the broader community).
Course is FREE
Space is limited to 12 cohort members
*Preference given to providers who live or work in North Minneapolis
11:59p.m. on Friday May 3, 2019
BIPOC Young Professionals Leadership Cohortis a training model for North Minneapolis community providers. This course is targeted to enhance services to youth and families in North Minneapolis by supporting the development of new practitioners of Color. Participants will explore the complexities of being a person and practitioner of color through readings, lecture and discussion regarding such topics as historical trauma, systemic racism, effective advocacy, and emotional wellbeing. Cohort members will meet in person & online throughout the summer.
• Support the development of practitioners of color
• Explore ethical practices in communities of color
• Nurture, develop, and connect participants to a community of support
• Explore culturally specific service provision and the sociocultural considerations paramount in practice in this context.
• Learn to identify your own areas of growth relative to culture, ethnicity (race), gender identity, LGTBQ, economic and ability issues
• Nurture Individual and Communal awareness of bias and growth areas
• Support the development of each person’s philosophy for change
Course dates and duration
Cohort members will meet in person & online 8 times throughout the summer. In person meetings will be held 9am-12pm on:
Supplemental readings and online discussion topics will be posted on the group’s private google site. Participants are expected to complete approximately 2 hours per week (20 total) of reading, reflection and discussion.
Continuing Education Units
32 hours of CEU’s through MN boards of Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, Behavioral Health Therapies and Psychology requested.
Rebound Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to Education, Innovation & Empowerment.
Address: 710 West Broadway Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55411